- December 12, 2015: We are happy to announce that Md. Shahnewaz Khan, the ISS master student 2014-2015, won the Prize for the Best Master Thesis 2015 using the ISS ISD Database!
- August 31, 2015: ISD Working Paper 2015-2: Civic Agency: an Invisible Health Determinant
- June 11, 2015: ISD Working Paper 2015-1: The Impact of Democracy in Inequality, Poverty and Development
- May 18, 2015: Annual Report Indices of Social Development 2014
ISD in 2014
- December 18, 2014: ISD newsletter December 2014
- December 12, 2014: We are happy to announce that Paulo Roberto Gitirana de Araujo Guerra, the ISS master student 2013-2014, won the Prize for the Best Master Thesis 2014 Using ISS ISD Database!
- July 16, 2014: ISD newsletter July 2014
- July 4, 2014: ISD Working Paper 2014-01: Production and Use of Independent Media: Road to Government Accountability?
- March 4, 2014: Annual Report Indices of Social Development 2013
- January 31, 2014: ISD newsletter January 2014
ISD in 2013
- November 29, 2013: ISD Working Paper 2013-01: Diversity, Inclusiveness and Social Cohesion
- July 3, 2013: ISD newsletter July 2013
- June 28, 2013: the six Indices of Social Development have been updated! Civic Activism (5 indicators are updated), Clubs and Associations (7 indicators), Intergroup Cohesion (4 indicators), Interpersonal Safety and Trust (5 indicators), Gender Equality (8 indicators) and Inclusion of Minorities (4 indicators). The updated data are for the years 2010, 2011, 2012 and can be found at the data access page of the website.
- May 21, 2013: Annual Report Indices of Social Development 1 July – 31 December 2012
- February 7, 2013: ISS ISD team is happy to announce the Prize for the Best Master Thesis 2013 Using ISS ISD Database! The winner will receive € 250 and the Master thesis will be published as an ISS ISD working paper! In the successful paper ISD database should have sufficient space, at least with one index used in the analysis. The deadline for submission is 30th of November 2013. Please, send your paper to us with note “Prize for the Best Master Thesis” as a subject. Only theses written in 2013 can take part in the competition. Good luck!
ISD in 2012
- November 30, 2012: ISD newsletter November 2012
- October 11, 2012: ISD Working Paper 2012-04: Methodology of the Indices of Social Development
- October 9, 2012: ISD Working Paper 2012-03: Social Development and Happiness in Nations
- July 4, 2012: ISD newsletter July 2012
- July 3, 2012: ISD Working Paper 2012-02: The Role of Social Institutions in Determining Aid Effectiveness
- January 26, 2012: Added ISD Working Paper 2012-01: Granger inspired testing the ISDs for Possible Causal Relationships
ISD in 2011
- December 23, 2011 : Added Conference Presentations.
- November 8, 2011: Added Conference Program International Conference 14 and 15 December.
- October 18, 2011: ISD newsletter 3
- October 6, 2011: Added ISD Working Paper 2011-03: ‘The last mile in analysing well-being and poverty: Indices of Social Development’ by Arjan de Haan et al.
- September 23, 2011: Added ISD Working Paper 2011-02: ‘To Measure is to Know? A Comparative Analysis of Gender Indices’ by Irene van Staveren.
- August 19, 2011: Added ISD Working Paper 2011-01: ‘Social Institutions as a Form of Intangible Capital‘ by Hari Bansha Dulal and Roberto Foa.
- July 19, 2011: ISD newsletter 2
- July 14, 2011: Call for Papers International Conference: Taking Stock: Measuring Social Development to be held 14 and 15 December 2011 at ISS, the Hague.
- June 29, 2011: A positive relationship between peace and social development. Download the GPI report on peace and social sustainability (using data from the Global Peace Index and ISD).
- May 31, 2011: ISD newsletter 1
- May 30, 2011: Added ‘Indices of Social Development Handbook’ by Roberto Foa.
- May 20, 2011: ISD is now on Twitter. Follow us to receive data updates and news.
- May 12 and 13, 2011: Ellen Webbink attended the Open Data for Development Camp at the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam. This 2-day conference was a great success and thanks to comments of users and developers we will make ISD more user friendly.